We’ll start this edition of Harvest Playback with our latest Rdio playlist (#57) – Soundtrack to the Harvest Holiday Party ’11. Thank you to all the customers, colleagues and friends who came to our party this Wednesday!
In between bits of holiday cheer, here’s a rundown of what we accomplished this past week: launched a more flexible and powerful permissions system, prepared for a major billing overhaul this weekend, and wrapped up development on the Harvest Andriod app for release next week. We also kept it interesting on Co-op, with a few select topics:
- True story: Danny, T.J. and I saw Woz walking past us on Lafayette St. We thought it was him, but we weren’t sure. If we had done what we should’ve done, you’d see a picture of us, with Woz, for this Playback edition (he was in New York for the Gizmodo Gallery Opening Party).
- Facebook bought Gowalla and Github acquired Ordered List. Wow, maybe we’re going about our hiring the wrong way?
- Patrick is sad about Buehrle heading to Miami, Christopher elated about Pujols leaving the Cardinals, and we’re all confused about the whole CP3 mess.
- Some of our folks are starting a “Leave TextMate (for MacVim?) campaign for 2012”.
- Be prepared to waste some precious time drawing stick figures. You can blame Scott for that.
- We’re tickled (and a little frightened) by Mint’s 404 page.
- From our very own hipster, T.J.: Hipster Ipsum, “artisanal filler text”.
- Scott Weiland’s Winter Wonderland has changed Christopher’s mind about Christmas music, to which Barry responded: Bing + Bowie. Meanwhile, Samara is keeping herself happy with A Charlie Brown Christmas. What?
- “They was doing mashups before mashups even existed,” Ice Cube on the Eames. Here are the videos and interview on NY Times. Thanks, Patrick.
- You might’ve heard: fly.twitter.com and Nick Bilton’s take on the new design. We like what we see here.